- 1 portion Palm Sugar Syrup (see our Sweep Sago Rolls with Palm Sugar Syrup recipe)
- 8 tablespoons agar-agar jelly cubes or flavored galatin cubes
- 8 tablespoons diced fermented tapioca (tape), (optional, see note)
- 8 tablespoons diced kolang-kaling palm fruits (see note)
- 2 cups (about 250 g) diced fruit (papaya, avocado, and pineapple)
- 1 young cococnut, flesh removed with a spoon, 1 cup (250 ml) of the coconut juice reserved (optional, see note)
- ½ cup (125 ml) sweetened condensed milk, cream or evaporated milk
- Crushed ice
- Prepare the Palm Sugar Syrup by following the Sweep Sago Rolls with Palm Sugar Syrup recipe
- Drain the jelly cubes, fermented tapioca (if using) and kolang kaling. Cut the coconut flesh into bite-sized pieces
- Place the diced fruits with all the other ingredients, except the crushed ice, in a mixing bowl and mix well. To serve, ladle the mixture into individual glasses and top with some crushed ice.
Note: Agar-agar jelly cubes, flavored gelatin cubes, fermented tapioca, kolang kaling and coconut water are available in some Asian specialy stores. Look for bottles of young coconut flesh in Filipino stores under the name buko. This also sold with the juice in cans.
source: Authentic Recipes from Indonesian, Heinz von Holzen and Lother Arsana