Rica-rica chicken, Roasted chicken is always preferred. The process and the fragrance are attractive too. It can raise your appetite. One of traditional roasted chicken that often becomes local food is Chicken Rica-Rica. As a local food, it is closed enough with Indonesian tongues and often found in Manado, Sulawesi Utara.
- 500 g chicken, cut and wash cleanly
- 1 lime, get the extract
- 3 lime leaves
- 2 pandanus leaves
- 10 cm serai (citronella or lemongrass), crushed
- Salt as needed
- ½ tsp sugar
- 4 onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10 red peppers
- 10 small chilies, preferred
- Smear chicken with lime extract, let it for 15 minutes. Then wash and drain.
- Cook onion in some oil until it is fragrant.
- Put grinded spice, mix until the color changes darker.
- Put lime leaves, serai, and pandanus leaves then mix.
- Add some water, salt, sugar, and chicken. Then mix by stirring it at medium fire.
- Roast until chicken is well-done and the spice is soaked. Use pressed pan for 15 minutes is preferred. Remove and serve.